Best NRL Betting Sites 2023
It doesn’t matter if you are new to sports betting or one of the more experienced NRL punters, we’ve curated a selection of Australian betting sites that offer exciting features and a wide range of NRL markets for NRL games and NRL futures markets.
With 17 teams, including 16 from Australia and one from New Zealand, battling it out to win on NRL Grand Final day, rugby league is a perfect sport for NRL bettors thanks to its high-scoring, all-action gameplay and thrilling competition.
Read this guide to the best NRL betting sites to ensure you’re ready to place your NRL bets sensibly. We’ll examine some of the top NRL betting sites in Australia and examine the available markets and payment methods. We’ll also answer some frequently asked questions and show you some of the most popular NRL bets placed on the sport.
NRL Betting Markets
If you are having a bet at the top Australian NRL betting sites, a wide range of markets are available. From Round 1 all the way to the Minor Premiership, Playoffs, and the Big Dance itself, the NRL Grand Final. You can place bets at our recommended NRL sportsbooks. And you also have the chance to wager on markets for the State of Origin and Rugby League World Cup as well. Here are the most common bet types available at National Rugby League betting sites.
- Match Betting: Match betting, or NRL line betting, is the simplest market offered by National Rugby League bookmakers. To win the bet, check the NRL odds and simply predict the winner of the game. For example, you might bet on Cronulla Sharks to beat New Zealand Warriors. If the Sharks win, you win your bet. Rugby League odds will fluctuate so be sure to track the odds regularly.
- Handicap: Most NRL markets will offer a handicap bet. A handicap bet involves an imaginary point total added to either team’s score. If there is a handicap bet you like after checking out various NRL betting tips, you can predict the winner after the points total has been applied. You could, for instance, bet on the South Sydney Rabbitohs (-8.5) to beat the West Tigers. In this scenario, the Rabbitohs would have to win by nine points or more for your NRL bet to pay out.
- Outright Betting: You can also bet on the Minor Premiership and Grand Final winner, so if you think the Penrith Panthers will win the Big Dance come the season’s end, you can place a wager on that outcome. Betting sites will compete for the best NRL odds, so it pays to shop around. You can also bet on the outcome of several end-of-season awards at our recommended sportsbooks, like the Dally M winner and Coach of the Year.
- Total Points: Totals markets allow you to bet on the combined points scored by both teams. For example, you could bet on a game between St George Illawarra and Manly Sea Eagles having more than 40.5 points. If the combined score is 41 or above, you’ll win the bet.
- Try Scorer: Australian betting sites offer markets for try scorers, including first, last, and anytime try scorers. For example, you could bet Valentine Holmes to score anytime against the Melbourne Storm.
NRL Betting Odds
If you want the best odds on the NRL from Round 1 until the Grand Final, you’re in the right place. Below, we’ve compiled the latest odds for the greatest game from all the AU betting sites that meet our criteria. The odds information below will update every few minutes, so when you bookmark this page, you’ll have everything you need to place NRL bets at the perfect time.
Where Can I Bet On NRL? How we Choose the Best Rugby League Betting Sites
You’re in the right place if you’re looking for one of the best NRL betting sites to sign up to. Our experts in the betting industry possess extensive expertise, which allows us to accurately assess an NRL betting site’s quality. Following our research, we can then provide comprehensive information about the best NRL betting app and Australian NRL betting sites, we thoroughly analyse customer support, payment methods, mobile applications, and overall functionality. Discover our review process for NRL sportsbooks below.
- Customer Support: Is there anything more frustrating than poor customer service when trying to place bets? No one knows this better than our review team, so when we recommend a sportsbook, you can trust that we’ve rigorously tested its customer service, so if you need to troubleshoot, you can have total peace of mind on that front.
- Other Sports: While National Rugby League betting is obviously the focus of this page, at Bookies.com, we look to operators that offer betting markets on a range of popular Australian sports, like cricket, rugby union, and soccer. Whatever you want to bet on, you’ll be covered when you follow our recommendations.
- Variety Of Payment Methods: The availability of speedy and secure payments is one of the most important factors in determining a sportsbook. We know this, so we examine the payment options and only feature sportsbooks with a decent range of banking options to suit all preferences.
- Sports Betting App: Betting on the go is a pivotal part of the betting experience, and bettors expect a bookie to offer both an HTML5-optimised mobile site and native apps for iOS and Android. With Bookies.com’s recommended sportsbooks, you can rest assured you can always use NRL betting sites on the move.
- Easy to Use Website: Avoiding a bookmaker with a complex and poorly designed desktop interface is crucial for a seamless betting experience. Thankfully, our team of experts thoroughly assesses the usability of each operator’s desktop platform, ensuring it provides an intuitive interface that caters to all bettors’ needs.
- Rugby Betting In Play: Live betting is gaining popularity among leading NRL bookmakers, presenting an opportunity to wager on the dynamic action as it unfolds. Our industry experts thoroughly evaluate and rate the live betting markets as part of our comprehensive review process, ensuring we recommend operators that provide abundant and engaging in-play markets. Always check to see if your chosen betting site offers live streaming of NRL games so you can track your backed wager at the same time.
Best NRL Betting Apps
Experience seamless mobile betting in Australia through the convenient options provided by our recommended bookmakers. Each site featured on this page offers a mobile client developed using HTML5 technology and dedicated applications for iOS and Android devices. The mobile sites are optimised to adapt to your screen size, ensuring you can enjoy the same excellent features found on the desktop version while on the move, resulting in a robust and enjoyable betting experience.
The native apps are specifically designed to cater to your mobile needs, delivering a personalised and tailor-made experience for mobile betting. Our recommended bookmakers’ apps offer improved connectivity, enhanced functionality, and stable performance on both iOS and Android devices.
You’ll also benefit from additional features, such as push notifications, enabling you to stay updated with the latest offers and markets. Regardless of your preference, our recommended sites encompass all the elements for convenient betting on the go.
How to Bet on Rugby League Games
If you’re new to betting on NRL games, signing up and placing bets couldn’t be simpler. To get started, simply click on any link to an operator on this page and provide the required personal information, including your name, address, phone number, and email address, to complete the registration process. You may be asked to provide additional information, like proof of ID or address, to verify your identity and fulfil Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements.
Once registered, you can fund your account, navigate to your preferred sportsbook’s list of markets, locate the wager you wish to place, select your desired stake, and confirm your bet. It’s as straightforward as that!
NRL Betting Site Available Payment Methods
Making payments with top National Rugby League bookmakers is a simple process, thanks to the availability of various payment methods. Read below for a guide to some of the most common banking options at Australian rugby league betting sites.
- Bank Cards: An easy and simple payment method, bank cards like Visa and Mastercard offer secure transactions without fuss.
- E-wallets: E-wallets like PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller offer lightning-fast transactions on your mobile phone or computer without sharing your bank details.
- Bank Transfer: Some Australian rugby league bookmakers offer direct Bank Transfer deposits and withdrawals, offering extremely secure payments.
- Cryptocurrency: Some NRL bookmakers may accept cryptocurrency payments through e-wallets or direct transfers. For example, 888Sport accepts Bitcoin transactions via the Skrill e-wallet.
Can I Bet on NRL Games Online Legally?
Yes. Betting became legal in thanks to the Gambling Amendment Act 2017. This made betting legal, but the betting site must hold a license issued by the Australian government. All our recommended betting sites are appropriately licensed to guarantee stringent standards.
NRL Betting Sites FAQs
How to place a bet on NRL?
Click the links on this page and sign up with our recommended NRL betting sites. This will let you bet an array of betting options, including outrights, match betting and handicap betting. Once you select a bet, you just need to just choose your stake and confirm your wager.
How does NRL betting work?
NRL betting sites offer various markets for rugby league games, including match betting, outrights, total points, first or anytime try scorer, and various other markets. To place a bet, follow any link to any bookie we recommend on this page, sign-up, and place your first bet.
What is a handicap in Rugby League betting?
In handicap betting, a point amount is applied by your bookmaker to each side. The favourite has a negative amount, and the underdog has a positive amount. To win a handicap bet, you must predict the match’s outcome after applying the amounts set by your bookmaker to the final result.
Can you bet on the NRL playoffs?
Of course! The best Australia betting sites offer betting markets on the race for the Big Dance each year. You can bet on individual matches or outright markets if you think you know who will take home the trophy at the NRL Grand Final.
Can you bet on National Rugby League matches?
Yes. All the bookmakers we recommend offer markets on NRL matches throughout the season. Most bookies provide match-winner, handicap, player, team totals markets, and markets like combos. The opportunities are endless, so sign up for an NRL betting site to find the right markets for you.
How to bet on Rugby League?
To place a bet on Rugby League, simply head to any of the NRL bookies we recommend on this page. If you haven’t already, sign up, fund your account, head to its list of markets, choose a bet and stake, and confirm!
George Barham, an accomplished journalist and avid gambling enthusiast, serves as the esteemed Editor-in-Chief at fly-to-australia.com, Australia’s leading source for comprehensive gambling news and insights. With an unwavering passion for both the written word and the ever-evolving world of betting and gaming, George brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the helm of our editorial team.